Each summer, the Lauder/American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee International Jewish Summer Camp in Szarvas, Hungary, welcomes more than 2000 campers from over 20 countries. Each summer, 60 Szarvas Fellows are selected from North America high schools, including participants from Cleveland. They will meet, play, celebrate, learn and share experiences with their Jewish student peers from around the world.
- The camp is on the banks of a beautiful river in the peaceful resort town of Szarvas.
- Modern recreation, housing and kosher dining facilities are set amidst expansive landscaped grounds lined with fragrant fruit trees.
- Activity at the camp is almost non-stop: singing, swimming, playing, dancing, eating, learning, acting, building and creating international friendships.
- The campers, ages 8 to 18, come from a variety of Jewish cultural and religious backgrounds.
- The program also includes day trips to beautiful historic Hungarian cities including a tour of Jewish Budapest.
Fellowships are open to high school students in grades 10 and 11.
For more information, go to www.szarvas.org to learn about the program.