Education Director Network (EDN)
The Education Directors Network brings together educational leaders from Cleveland’s congregational and community-based part-time educational settings. Meeting monthly during the school year, this group:
- focuses on issues that are more powerfully addressed community-wide (e.g., continued involvement of teens in Jewish education)
- plans community-wide programs for students and/or their families (e.g., the hugely successful sixth grade’s Count Me In)
- works collaboratively to plan community-wide professional development for teachers and themselves
- stays abreast of general or Jewish educational trends
The EDN is led by member-elected officers, with the support of the Jewish Education Center of Cleveland.
- Rabbi Stacy Schein (The Temple - Tifereth Israel) - Chair
- Debbie Chessin (Beth Israel - The West Temple) - Co-chair
October – NONE, but sukkah-social lunch
April – NONE, but Lunch Conversations between March 12 and May 12
JEC Staff Liaison: Nachama Skolnik Moskowitz
The EDN has chosen to read A More Beautiful Question, by Warren Berger.