The JEC provides a reimbursement grant to individual educators and non-educational administrators teaching and working within affiliated JEC schools to help offset the costs of attending educational or administrative conferences. Typically grants cover up to 1/3rd the total (within reason) costs incurred by the participant when attending a conference. These costs include conference registration, travel expenses, and lodging.
- Applicants* must apply for a conference grant before attending the conference in order to guarantee funding. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- An email will be sent to the applicant indicating if and how much he or she has been granted.
- A maximum of five grants will be allocated to a school system for educators attending the same conference.
- After having attended the conference, the educator must submit either a personal canceled check, personal itemized credit card statement, and or personal receipt indicating a zero balance remaining through the online grant management system for lodging, conference fees, and travel costs. Please note that these receipts are required even if a school paid upfront for these costs. This requirement is due within 60 days of completing the conference. Failure to do so may result in rejection of the grant.
- Checks will be mailed out to individuals within a month of the JEC having received all appropriate documentation.
Online application for educators e.g. teachers, principals, day-school salaried student service providers (mental health counselors, behavioral interventionists, reading specialists) etc.
Online application for non-educational administrators (e.g.directors of admissions, finance, day school development etc).
* All applicants must have an individual email address