Background checks are required for every employee in all Ohio schools.
- Two types of background checks are required:
- BCI (Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification/Investigation) and
- FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) Fingerprinting.
- New employees must have a BCI and FBI Fingerprinting before employment starts.
- Current employees must update their FBI fingerprinting every five  years.
- Background checks are reported to your school, the Ohio Department of Education [ODE] or Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services [ODJFS].
- To the ODE for teachers, aides and administrators.
- To the ODJFS depending on the early childhood department’s state requirements.
The JEC no longer provides background checks or fingerprinting at our facility.
Please contact the Jewish Family Service Association [JFSA].
1] Print the document below.
2] Call the number on the document and schedule an appointment with the JFSA.
3] Read carefully and complete the entire document.
4] Bring the completed document to the JFSA, address is on the document., the day of your appointment.