LPDC & License Renewal
Local Professional Development Committee
& License Renewal
Per Ohio Department of Education (ODE) rules, the JEC Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC) reviews and approves professional development plans and requests for educators who have 5-year ODE professional licenses.
5-year professional license holders:
- Must write an Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP) with three  goals selected from Ohio Teaching Standards.
- Must submit the IPDP to the LPDC via the online JEC Database system.
- Must complete six  semester hours or 180 points of professional development every five  years in order to meet ODE renewal requirements.
- Professional development activities include college courses (both undergrad and graduate), workshops, conferences, ODE mentoring, and more.
- Submit one Pre-Approval Form via the online JEC Database system for each professional development activity prior to enrolling in a course/workshop/activity that will be used towards license renewal.
- Submit a description of the professional development activity as an attachment to the Pre-Approval form.
- Obtain official verification documents upon completion of courses, workshops, and activities.
- Submit official verification online to the LPDC to complete renewal requirements.